What is Thai massage?
Thai massage is an ancient system of bodywork involving a complex sequence of pressing, stretching, twisting and joint manipulations to relax and work the whole body, affecting the connective tissue which integrates the body as a whole. Thai massage is based on a theory of sen lines, similar to the energy channels in acupuncture. Performed fully clothed on a mat or on a massage table, the therapy promotes health and flexibility, relieves aches and pains and promotes well being and balance. It feels like a session of passive yoga.
Physical Benefits of Thai Massage Therapy
- Help detoxification of the body and boost immune system
- Increase blood circulation, lower blood pressure
- Good for muscle relaxation, increase flexibility and mobility
- Improve breathing
- Improves posture, balance, corrects body alignments and dissolves blockages
- Improves athletic performance
- Help arthritis and back pain
- Help tone the body, strengthen joints and fight diseases
- Prevents illnesses and alleviates degenerative diseases
- Slows the aging process
Mental Benefits of Thai Massage
- Improve your outlook towards life; builds an emotional balance
- Help with concentration and creativity/ Mind and body concentration
- Clear and calm your mind
- Help you gain mental clarity
- Reduce and relieve stress and anxiety
- Build internal power (and creates a natural confidence)
If you are ready to book a thai massage and feel a lot better please follow these simple steps:
- call (780) 432-4803 to talk to someone or book online
- bring loose and comfortable clothing for the session
- an empty stomach will be best
60 min thai massage on table $100
90 min thai massage on table $145
This treatment can be provided by:
“I have been so impacted by Mariano’s Thai Massage. My whole body feels much more open and mobile. He truly is a gifted therapist. This treatment has become part of my overall maintenance regime for my body and soul. Truly an “integrated” experience.”
“It’s nice to know such a place exists, in this busy world of ours. Love the atmosphere and the warm, friendly welcome. My therapist is Mariano Torres, and I strongly recommend him – for he is a master at his craft. He is a true professional who has helped me regain my health, with a very human approach. Thank you Mr. Torres, and Integrated Therapies.”
“I had a Thai massage with Mariano, and oh boy. Mariano knows what he is doing. Mariano is such a wonderful massage therapist. He is very ethical, compassionate, skilled at his field, and knowledgeable. I have all kind of conditions, from body pain to lack of appetite, and you name it. The first massage has done wonders to me, and I am definitely looking forward to continue getting his treatments.
As well, I have been getting Anne’s lymphatic drainage massages. Anne is a very spiritual, compassionate, very experienced, and a gentle soul. She has done wonders to my health.
When Anne lays hands on you, you feel like an angel is working on you.
A big thanks to both of them.
The other big benefits of that little charming place is that while it is in a secluded corner, yet it is so accessible from Whyte Av, there is no problem finding parking on the street, and there is parking for clients on the back of the office as well.
I would say, this is a little jewel hiding in Edmonton.”